Sunday, May 17, 2020

Why Wont my nail polish stay on?

Are you still struggling with trying to figure out how to keep your nail polish from chipping and flaking off? 



Like you, I had trouble keeping polish on my fingernails. After a lot of trial and error, I finally figured out a few things. 


Because I know you're struggling to keep those pretty colors on your nails, I'm going to share 12 of my biggest secrets, so your nails continue to look great.

Let's go!




My Top 12 Rules for Keeping Polish Nice


  1. Apply top coat every  couple of days
  2. Find a top coat that is as hard as nails, literally. I love this inexpensive one.
  3. Before you apply your base coat, wipe your nails with polish remover to take the oils off your nails. Oil is what causes the polish not to stick well.
  4. Keep your cuticles hydrated with a good moisturizer or cuticle oil. Be careful not to get the oil on your nails before you apply polish.
  5. Apply polish to the bottom edge of your nails.
  6. Be sure to let each coat of polish dry thoroughly. Invest in a UV light nail dryer if need be.
  7. Try a gel polish if you are excessively rough with your polish.
  8. Keep your nails trimmed so that they aren't always clicking on things.
  9. Don't apply polish over wet or moist nails. Polish stays on dry nails better.
  10. It's better to apply a couple thin coats rather than one thick one. Thin coats also dry faster.
  11. If you do get a chip, repair it right away with a fresh coat, and then apply a top coat.
  12. Wear gloves when working around the home or doing dishes. Water makes the nails swell and the polish will not expand. 





 “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message here

Foods that heal your nails

Tired of the dry brittle, and splitting nails?  Foods that heal your nails Want to do something to fix your nails? Obviously, you do, or yo...